Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dead Reckoning Book Review

  • Paperback: 288 pages (paperback)
  • Publisher: Simon & Schuster (August 20, 2002)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0684852713
  • ISBN-13: 978-0684852713
  • Genre: Nonfiction
From Publishers Weekly
For the reader (with a strong stomach) interested in the juncture of crime, law and science, this book is chock-full of practical information about death by unnatural means.
I loved watching Michael Baden’s Autopsy in HBO in my high school years. Even more so when I was in my college years. The show has somehow cause me to dream of becoming a forensic pathologist myself. But, unfortunately,t hat is way too much for me. I’m very much interested in this kind of show or stories. I don’t know why but it really does fascinates me.

How am I ever so lucky to stumble upon this book. Upon seeing it, I grab it at once! That’s not all, it only cost me P90.oo.  Great steal, don’t you think?

In spite of my busy schedule, I was able to read it in just 3 days. I just couldn’t put the book down. Every chapter is full of knowledge that I just absorb and gives me a peek what’s inside the morgue. It tells vividly how autopsies are done properly and improperly. The book takes the reader from the autopsy table way through the court where the forensic pathologist explains his findings, if needed.

I was introduced to several famous personality in forensic pathology and crime investigation world. Not only that, it also narrates some of the famous and infamous trials in the history.
I would recommend the book to anybody who likes to tinker around their minds in crime scenes and crime investigation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...