Monday, November 10, 2014

A Thousand Shall Fall Book Review

Paperback: 172 pages
Publisher: Review & Herald Publishing (December 2001)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0828015619
ISBN-13: 978-0828015615
Genre: Non-fiction
Days spent reading: 2 days

A Thousand Shall Fall: The Electrifying Story of a Soldier and His Family Who Dared to Practice Their Faith in Hitler’s Germany They saw God work miracle after miracle to save them from certain disaster. As thousands around them fell victim to the horrors of war, they were borne up on angels’ wings–sometimes quite literally. This is the true story of one family who chose to be faithful whatever the cost, and found refuge in the shadow of the Almighty.

My Thoughts About the Book:


I first heard about his book from a fellow missionary. He liked the book so much that he bothered to recommend it to me. Since I trust his ingenious taste in books, I searched for the book in the only English bookstore in Korea nearest to our place, Whattabook in Itaewon. I got so excited to have this book that I forgot to order it online and just went straight to the bookstore to claim in. Only to be told that I need to order it first and wait for 120 business days for if to be ordered abroad. Fortunately, it only took 8 days and I got the book just before the Christmas vacation. Due to hectic schedules, it took me 5 days to finish the book.

From the first o the last page, I was so hooked that I couldn’t put the book down. “A thousand shall fall,” comes from the verses of Psalm 91 which is the favorite Bible passage of Franz Hasel. Reading about the family who struggled to keep their faith, in spite of persecution and possible death penalty, is something that made me rethink of how my faith is grounded firmly in truth. I’m I ready to face such tribulation in the last days? Will remain faithful and steadfast even unto death? I’m I willing to die for what I believe as truth?

This book will show us how to be faithful and uncompromising in keeping our faith, even in the face of death. The experiences the family went through could also happen to us in many forms. Learn and be rekindled in this electrifying story of faithfulness, courage and trust in God. See how miracles could happen and how God sheltered them from the “terror of night, and for the arrows that flieth by day.”



  • Paperback: 172 pages
  • Publisher: Review & Herald Publishing (December 2001)
  • Language: English
  • Genre: Nonfiction
  • ISBN-10: 0828015619
  • ISBN-13: 978-0828015615

1 comment:

  1. I have read so many articles or reviews on the topic of the blogger lovers except this article is really a nice piece of writing,
    keep it up.

    My web-site: Social bookmarking service

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...