So here are my top 13 books, that in my own opinion, would help us in knowing more about God and the faith that we have.
Isn't it nice that when you are already old and you still have and using your very first Bible?
2. Messages to Young. Appropriately written for the youth (and adults, too). This book will enlighten the minds and prepare the youth for the sacred calling and task that God has given to them. This book teaches the young people how to live a balance and harmonious life that is pleasing to God.
Conflict of the Ages Books4. Patriarchs and Prophets. Is the first volume in the Conflict of the Ages series based on the Bible account of our world's struggle between good and evil. It covers the sweeping panorama of human history from the creation of Earth to the reign of Israel’s King David. --Read more.
5. Prophets and Kings. Is the second volume in the Conflict of the Ages series. It opens with the story of Solomon’s glorious reign over Israel and ends with the nation’s exile and captivity. It traces the history of a favored and chosen people, vacillating between allegiance to God and to the gods of the nations around them. In these pages can vividly be seen dramatic evidences of the raging struggle between God and Satan for the hearts of men and women. -- Read more.
6. The Desire of Ages. Is the third volume in the Conflict of the Ages series based on the gospels account of the life of Christ in Matthew, Mark Luke and John. Ellen White’s classic on the life of Jesus focuses on One who stands at the center of all human history. --Read more.
7. Acts of the Apostles. Is the fourth volume in the Conflict of the Ages series, where the amazing story of the early Christian believers is told. After Jesus was victorious over Satan and returned to heaven, the enemy turned his attention to Jesus’ church on earth. Here are thrilling stories of fierce persecutions and unswerving loyalty to God. Peter, Paul, James, John, Luke, Barnabas, Stephen, Mark, and the other early apostles carried the wonderful news of the gospel to all of the then-known world. -- Read more.
8. The Great Controversy. Volume 5, is the last book in the Conflict of the Ages series. It carries the story of the controversy between God and Satan to its ultimate and glorious conclusion. Beginning with the destruction of Jerusalem and continuing through the persecutions of Christians in the Roman Empire, the apostasy of the Dark Ages, the shining light of the Reformation, and the worldwide religious awakening of the nineteenth century, this volume traces the conflict into the future, to the Second Coming of Jesus and the glories of the earth made new. -- Read more.
9. Christian Service. This volume is a call to consecrated service in the science of soul winning. Invaluable to ministers, teachers, and church leaders, it will be appreciated by all who, in fellowship with Christ, seek to fulfill the gospel commission. Topics include personal preparation, training, organizing, the health and publishing ministries, and methodology. -- Read more.
11. Counsels on Stewardship. Stewardship is properly managing the resources that God has committed to our care. This volume gathers together all of Ellen White's published statements on the subject. Topics discussed include tithing, indebtedness, charity, making a will, and soliciting funds from outside sources. What about speculating in the markets? Does God require us to dispose of our property? How can children be taught economy? What is the divine antidote for covetousness?. -- Read More.
12. The Ministry of Healing. Many things contribute to good health—cheerfulness, fresh air, exercise, diet, and positive relationships with other people, to name a few. Crucial also is a personal relationship with the Creator who gave us life and everything we need for health and happiness. In this book Ellen White deals with sickness of the soul and the healing balm to be found by trusting God for all things. -- Read more.
13. Steps to Christ. Thousands have become acquainted with Jesus through this little book, Steps to Christ. And it has helped many more, including those who have walked with Him for years, to know Him better.
In just thirteen short chapters, you’ll discover the steps to finding a forever friendship with Jesus. You’ll read about His love for you, repentance, faith and acceptance, growing like Him, the privilege of prayer, what to do with doubt, and how to spend your days rejoicing in your best Friend, Jesus.
The doctrines and teachings of our Church can be sometimes overwhelming especially to new believers. With sincere faith and support from the church members, the fledgling believer can be guided and be kept safe and secure within the fold.
However, sitting on the pew listening to sermons won't be enough. Every believer should (No!) MUST study on his/her own with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. This time alone with God will strengthen our personal relationship with Him while we are gaining knowledge about Him.
Out technology nowadays made all these books available for us anywhere, anytime. There's no reason or excuse for us not to be able to read them. This isn't the end of the list. There are still more books out there waiting for us to read them. Just take heed in choosing the books you're going to read. Remember,
"Garbage in. Garbage out."
Credit: All descriptions from book #4-13 are from the website Connecting to Jesus which give a detail description of each book that the author couldn't do otherwise. All images are from Google Images.