Monday, October 06, 2014

Bear and Books


My friends and I had dinner on the eve of my birthday. They surprised me with a lovely, cuddly and snugly bear, which I named Sissy because we ate at Sizzler's and that's where they gave me the bear.

I could only think of buying books as a birthday present for myself. The sudden changed of weather, however, prevented me from going to the only English used books shop in our town. 

So I spent the entire birth day reading, "Princess: A True Story of Life Behind Veil in Saudi Arabia" and finished it just before going to bed.

Today we had a perfect weather and so I went to the bookshop with my friend. As usual, the owner welcomed us with a smile. We browsed books upon books searching for one that would beg us to buy and bring it home. 



I got myself 3 books that I think I'd like to read this week. My friend paid for 1 book as a post birthday gift. 

As usual (Oh, how I love it!) the owner gave us discounts. When I mentioned to him that it was my birthday yesterday, he gave me 3 more books for free! How cool is that? Even though they're not the kind of books that I would usually read, but it's a gift! It adds sentiments to the book and makes it precious to me.

bought:

1. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan (I've never read the book nor seen the movie so I'm glad I found a copy)2. Farewell My Concubine by Lilian Lee (same as #1)3. The Young Lenin by Leon Trotsky

gift by the owner of the bookshop:

1. Julia's Last Hope by Janette Oke
2. Angel Walk by Roger Elwood
3. Pollyanna by Young Reader's Christian Library 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...