Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Hitler: The Pathology of Evil Book Review

  • Paperback: 272 pages
  • Publisher: Potomac Books Inc. (December 1, 1999)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1574882287
  • ISBN-13: 978-1574882285
  • Genre: Nonfiction 
  • Days spent reading: 7 days

From Library Journal

Any student of World War II knows that Adolph Hitler was a complex and demon-ridden man. Victor, a Jewish psychotherapist dealing with personality disorders, argues that Hitler's troubled pathology has never been seriously studied because of fears that he might emerge as a guiltless and even sympathetic victim of forces beyond his control. In this painstaking analysis of Hitler's family background and childhood, supported by exhaustive study of his written and spoken utterances, the author makes a convincing case of how the German leader came to be deeply disturbed and shows how these findings manifested themselves in Hitler's social philosophy, leadership style, and, eventually, his fateful policy decisions. Less convincing is his contention that Hitler deliberately avoided quick victories over Britain and the Soviet Union to have time to complete the Holocaust. Even so, this is a fascinating and extremely lucid journey into the mind of one of the century's most pivotal figures.?Raymond L. Puffer, U.S. Air Force History Prog., Edwards AFB, Cal. Copyright 1998 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
 
I thought I would never finished reading this book. It took me almost two weeks and I'm a bit frustrated to be stuck with it.  I was excited to read this book when I first saw it. Now, I'm excited that I'm finally done with it! It's not about what's written inside, but the fonts are way too small for me to enjoy reading it. My eyes easily got tired of reading the book so I have to rest my eyes once in a while.

The story starts in a page-turning mode, although a bit slow. Then it's quite a drag in the middle. The last chapters is a struggle for me. I was reading but I'm sure my comprehension is below 70%. I just couldn't absorb them anymore. Still, it's a great book.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...