Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Bookmooch #3 -I Almost Die of Happiness


Another happy week! I'm always happy and excited whenever I see a package lying on my desk. This time, I received books in two days. I got these books from a fellow Bookmoocher from the Philippines and in the US.
I blurred the address for safety reasons, you know!:-)
The 1st package I received (March 9) is from the Philippines. I waited for this book for quite some time, so I'm grateful that it finally arrived. I mooched this book for one of the reading challenges I'm doing this year.

Look what I got! No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
 
I got a card (with Emilio Aguinaldo on the cover), a bookmark, a post card and stationeries.
I'm not sure if this post card is old or made to look old, but I like it!
Thanks to this wonderful lady, she gave me an idea. From now on, whenever I'll send books I'll include some stuffs for them made in Korea. :-)
Still waiting for some packages to arrived, hopefully this month.:-)
Can't wait to finish the book I'm reading now so I could start with another one from my TBRs.

The 2nd package (March 10) is from the US. 
The famous and controversial Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
Although I prefer to read non-fiction, this book has caught my interest so much that I couldn't let it pass unread. Thanks to Bookmooch, I got this copy for free.



10 comments:

  1. yes,they're relly nice! thnx for dropping by:-)
    I've checked your mailbox earlier.
    your books re nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bookmooch seems like a great way to expand your reading horizon, and try out other genres as well. Happy reading!


    Take a look at what's in my Mailbox this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read Uncle Tom's Cabin before? I read it in high school and remember loving it and crying at the ending.
    As for winning the books: I have no clue, but I love my recent winning streak :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Swag! Very nice mailbox this week! You did good. Happy Sunday and I hope you enjoy your books!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads / Twitter
    Check out my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! Although, I don't know if they are a type of book I would read. I like the swag and stationery you got. : )

    My IMM is here:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover for Uncle Tom's Cabin! And looking at your wish list and what you have coming up, we have a lot of books in common... new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome books you got this week. They all look really interesting. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. =) So far, so good! Hope you like it too!

    Followed you. ~___~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Marj!

    Heheheh~~ to be honest, I gave my copy away in bookmooch. So I haven't read it. Hopefully I could get another copy. ^^*

    I'll visit your blog now...as in! heheh^^*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...